RSS Feed

Da da da da da.

Many of you have already seen this video. But since our blog is the linkhouse to all the other digital representations of Jonas out there on the Interwebs, I wanted to link to it from here - so all can access it. Also, this will give me a chance to give a little context to the video.

About a week ago (sometime mid May 2009), Kate called me up at work and said, "Babbies has a surprise for you." I said, "Oh really?" She said, "Yup." And the surprise was that earlier that morning Jonas had just starting babbling certain syllables over and over. The three syllables of the day were: "da," "ba," and "ththhh." That last one is hard to convey in writing.

It just happened out of the blue. One day he was making noises without consonants; the next day he was making noises with consonants, and in staccato patterns.

I'll note that there was a point when Jonas was about 4 months old that he had made a similar run at producing repetitive vocalizations (all vowels - ahhs and oohs). For several days he did this and then, just as fast as he had started, he stopped again. We were sad because we didn't really get any video of him doing it and he wasn't interested in that series of oohs and aahs anymore. So, this time when he started using consonants, we immediately grabbed the video camera. After a couple unsuccessful shoots over a day or two, finally one morning at about 7:00 a.m. (while Kate was still in bed beside him) Jonas busted out with this little aria. Enjoy!

1 comments:

Laura Frankstone said...

This is my all-time fave! My mother and my brother an sister-in-law love it, too! Altogether, I'll bet we've watched it 73 time. Or so.
Our babby's a supernova!